About Me

My photo
A loud and proud mother of five and an autism parent / advocate who believes that traveling, good food and good company are vital to keep one sane. I've worked as a news writer/newscaster, a quality systems auditor, a ISO9001 consultant, an FM radio DJ, a Filipino tutor, TOEFL reviewer and have gone into the food industry both as an entrepreneur and as a mommy chef, giving a sponsored demo on healthy cooking in a mall and on local TV. My favorite job however, is being a mom and a wife.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day and Green Balls


MAX befriending the goldfish @ Kaya, a Korean restaurant
along Jupiter Ave. in Makati

Phee's Father's Day celebration was eighty-sixed this year in favor of possible business opportunities with Korean associates who forgot what day it was. We're still lukewarm over the possibilities from the meeting, but one thing we got excited over was this product developed by Dr. Jeon of Biocera. It's called the Biocera Green Ball.
MAX, Phee, my mom and I, having lunch @ Kaya with The Biocera Green Ball inventor, Dr. Jeon and associate

I'm not in the habit of pimping stuff on TMW, but I do make exceptions for products that I believe in. As a mom, I worry about dirty laundry, germs and allergens on my family's skin, from clothes, not to mention the rising cost of laundry staples, electricity and water. On my spare time of worrying about these and other "mom" concerns, I also think about  Mother Earth and how she deserves a break, so it was kinda cool that we got to meet the guy who invented this product:

yep, NO SOAP NEEDED!
This plastic orb, which is roughly the size of a baseball can address those concerns of mine. Filled with antibacterial bio-ceramic filter balls, it not only cleans your laundry, it deodorizes, softens and acts as an antibacterial for it. Talk about all in one. 

I know I sound like an infomercial, but really! No buying detergent, bleach and fabric softener for 3 years (the lifespan of a green ball)?! I also buy a separate product for my youngest son's clothes since he's got sensitive skin, but with this ball, I don't have to worry about allergens or any harsh chemicals! I don't have to use the washing machine for long periods of time simply because I can just pop the ball and my laundry in the tub and let it soak. The longer it stays there, the cleaner our clothes get. One ball does the trick for a 6-8 kg load. The technology has been available since 1994, and I find it hard to believe that it's not in every household. (BTW, a practical application of those ceramic balls is that these are the very same component in your fridge that acts as a deodorizer. Think Nano-silver antibacterial deodorizers.)

Because it doesn't have all those surfactants, and other chemicals, the water drained from the washing machine is eco-friendly. Now isn't that the bomb?

We may not have had a traditional Father's Day celebration this year, but at least we got to discover this product that could address regular, everyday mom concerns and be eco-friendly at the same time. ( eating the delish Korean staples @ Kaya wasn't bad either - MAX hearts your Japchae!). Hope we get to find more of these products.

MAX scopes out Kaya's interior while mom and I go through the menu
From TMW, may all your wanderings be better than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment