About Me

My photo
A loud and proud mother of five and an autism parent / advocate who believes that traveling, good food and good company are vital to keep one sane. I've worked as a news writer/newscaster, a quality systems auditor, a ISO9001 consultant, an FM radio DJ, a Filipino tutor, TOEFL reviewer and have gone into the food industry both as an entrepreneur and as a mommy chef, giving a sponsored demo on healthy cooking in a mall and on local TV. My favorite job however, is being a mom and a wife.

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Superfood Green Smoothie - Where It's Healthy, All Day, Everyday


I'm no stranger to health scares. With the stress of day-to-day living, your health is always at risk. Having one recently has made me evaluate my lifestyle, particularly what I eat.

When you're on-the-go most days, it's often more convenient to hit a fast food joint and eat a quick, no fuss meal. Is it convenient? Yes. Is it healthy for you? Not always.


This is why I was so stoked when I discovered Superfood Green Smoothie, along Session Road, here in Baguio. 

The place opens as early as 8 in the morning (coz getting a power smoothie before jogging is a thing now) and closes at 9 PM.

Here's what I saw when I entered this "hole-in-the-wall". 



1. LOCATION - located on the left-side of the famous Cathedral stairs (if you're facing that landmark); it's along Session Road. This makes it a 5/5 as far location scoring goes.

2. AMBIANCE - the two-story, no-nonsense place has functional tables and chairs for dine-in customers. No background music to speak of, which isn't a bad thing. The walls are "decorated" with health and nutrition type of posters.


The front of Green Smoothie has a take out counter, ladened with fresh fruits and pots of wheat grass, all to be consumed throughout the day, as smoothies are created.

All in all, I give it a 4/5.

3. MENU - The menu is teeming with smoothies and juices that are tailored for specific health benefits. Lots of vegetarian selections can be found, as well as some with free-range organic chicken, for those who want a heartier bite to their dish. Here's a look at their menu and other offerings:







4. FOOD - I had a healthy breakfast that consisted of these food items:


Diabetic Beverage - ampalaya, celery, cucumber and other healthy ingredients, sugar free
Loved it, so I ended up getting lunch to go, which consisted of these items:
Got this amazing vegetarian burrito bowl and a superfood acai bowl
Enjoyed every bite and sip of all the things I ordered. Felt amazingly good the whole day, which isn't what I feel, after eating a big meal, especially when I eat out. SCORE: 5/5.


5. SERVICE- staff was quick, efficient and knew their products. Giving it a 5/5 once more.

As seen above, I really enjoyed my quiet breakfast and subsequent take-out food from Green Smoothie. It's not the perfect place to chill or hang out with friends, but it will get the job done of feeding you healthy concoctions, pronto! If you want some "me" and "zen" time with healthy food to boot, Green Smoothie is for you. OVERALL SCORE: 4.8 / 5

From TMW, may all your wanderings be better thank ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment