About Me

My photo
A loud and proud mother of five and an autism parent / advocate who believes that traveling, good food and good company are vital to keep one sane. I've worked as a news writer/newscaster, a quality systems auditor, a ISO9001 consultant, an FM radio DJ, a Filipino tutor, TOEFL reviewer and have gone into the food industry both as an entrepreneur and as a mommy chef, giving a sponsored demo on healthy cooking in a mall and on local TV. My favorite job however, is being a mom and a wife.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Top 3 Waterproof Make Up Must Haves For That Summer Perfect Pic



Summer is definitely right around the corner, and with that, plans of beach getaways and pool time are already going through our minds.

starting my day with a clean canvass
Of course, with the perfect vacay comes the perfect look, for that perfect pic to post on social media or serve as a keepsake to get you through those non vacay times.

beach outfit, check! waterproof foundation and water resistant eyebrow gel - check AND check
I don't know about you, but I definitely don't like looking like a drowned rat in my beach/pool photos. I'm also not a fan of putting too much make up on before getting in the water. 

wearing make up that won't melt with the heat
Here are my Top 3 Waterproof Make up Must Haves to achieve a natural but decent looking photo while you're in the water or after a swim:


1. TONY MOLY BCDATION WATERPROOF CUSHION WITH SPF 50 - yup. You read right. It's a make up that gives you even, natural coverage, moisturizers your skin AND works as a sunblock! It comes in two shades: warm beige and skin beige. It works as your BB and CC cream as well as a foundation. Apply on thoroughly cleansed skin before you go out and enjoy your day. Won't melt in the heat or wash away once your face hits the water.



2. BENEFIT 3D BROWTONES - this water-resistant, long-wearing brow gel is both buildable and sheer that it perfectly highlights your natural brow hair without giving you too much brow color. It's a brow highlighter that enhances your eyebrows and not convert it into geometric shapes that natural brows don't come in. It also stays on for 12 hours and comes in 6 fun colors - light/medium (for those with dark brows), medium/dark (to highlight light colored brows), deep blue, copper, rich purple and magenta. I use the light/medium shade.



3. MAYBELLINE SUPER STAY MATTE INK LIQUID LIPSTICK - 16 hours of highly pigmented lip color that would not come off until you swipe on some lip color remover. My favorite shade is globetrotter from the City Edition. 

Simple, natural looking and easily packable make up that can be applied in 5 minutes or less. These are my go-to products when we travel. 


Bonus tip: I usually use a primer, concealer and foundation for my everyday look. However, I don't like bringing all my bottles and tubes when we travel. Lately, I just pack travel sized: make up remover (whichever brand I'm trying out ATM), face wash (Clinique Pep start), a moisturizer to use before bedtime (Clinique Turnaround Revitalizing Moisturizer), a serum to use before I put on makeup (Clinique Turnaround Accelerated Renewal Serum), a foundation (Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free + Balance Stick Foundation, if I'm not going to swim), and the stuff I mentioned above. That's my travel skin care regimen and basic travel make up all summed up. I've "road tested" them, and so far, they work on me. BTW, these are all available in the Philippines. 



Hope these tips help. Don't forget to always stay hydrated too.

just because I have 5 kids doesn't mean I'm willing to look like a drowned rat in every single vacay pic :D
From TMW, may all your wanderings be better than ours!

1 comment: